Strangely enough though, I never feel the urges to do things that teens supposedly do when they feel upset and numb and brain-dead and hateful. I don't want to kill myself because I know that one day maybe it will all be better-- maybe the experiences of now will help inspire my writing. I don't cut myself, in fact, I think it's stupid and disgusting.
No drugs.
No drinking.
Just words.
And believe me, I write a lot of words. I just get rid of them all because I hate them.
I guess part of my problem is that I want to be perfect, and I want people to like me, and I want people to not be scared by the craziness that is my mind. When I was working on my bridge project today, my partner told me that he had thought I was normal before, but I really wasn't.
And I know I'm not normal. I just wish I didn't have to accept it.
But because I'm such a perfectionist, not just with the work I do, but with myself as well, I can never be perfect. My lack of perfection depresses me, and every time my dad says "when I was your age" it only makes it worse.
It's taken me a while to realize what my problem was, and when I did, it was very sudden.
I want to be perfect.
And I can't.
And I hate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment