I've always acted the way I do based on who my friends are.
And now that I have no real friends (besides, perhaps, Silvi, who I've known since I was 3 months old and is really not the type of person I want to be) it seems like I've lost who I am.
And I don't know how to get myself back.
It's strange, because I wonder if I ever actually knew myself, or if I only knew a reflection of the people that my friends are. I wonder, if everything had gone totally differently, if I had been friends with the cool, popular people right from the start, would I still be the person I am now, whoever that is?
Would I still have fucked up my life in the ways that I did?
Would I still have fucked up my life in the ways that I did?
I wonder all of these things on an almost daily basis. And it sucks, to wonder if a different life would have made me a better or more successful person.
Because I'm a bitch. I won't lie. I am such a complete bitch. The way I seem to have ditched my old friends--because that is basically what I did-- was a horrible thing to do.
And yes, I did it because I didn't feel like a belonged anymore, but I shouldn't have done it the way that I did. Shouldn't have let myself change so completely that I couldn't even bother to go up to them and say hi every now and then.
And yes, I do sometimes say 'hi' when I pass in the halls, or when I go up to the library to finish homework at lunch.
And yes, I still email them, and go on Buzz and comment on their posts, but it seems like I should be doing even more than that.
It feels like I shouldn't just leave them.
But I don't think that trying to go back would help me, in the long run. Because I need to find myself, and if I try to go back, I'll just end up being defined by them again.
And I can't let that happen to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment